Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is a series of online free courses offered by different universities all around the World.Its a very easy and convenient way to learn something while being at home. Different International Universities are offering MOOC. University of Oxford, Harvard, MIT,Stanford,Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Caltech, Sorbonne and Peking are top of the list.
In 2011, different International universities first offered their Online Free Courses and students all around the World enrolled and learned different courses from the field of Computer Science, Management Sciences and E-commerce. From 2011, onward number of courses offered, universities participating and students enrolling the courses are increasing day by day.
Today, we are discussing here some of the free online courses for application developers helping them learn free online and if they want a verified certificate from the University, they can also get it after completion of the course.
1. Introduction to Mobile Application Development using Android
This course is offered for beginners and starts from very basics of mobile application development. Course content includes:
- Basic components of an Android application life-cycle methods of Android application components
- Basics of event handling in Android
- Basics of graphics and multimedia support in Android
- Basic skills of using Android Studio and Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Developing a simple application to understand the whole app development procedure
2. Introduction to JAVA Programming
If you are a beginner or want to learn JAVA from scratch. This course is especially designed for you. This course will make you learn that how you can convert your real life problems into Algorithms and propose programming solutions.
This course is split into 2 modules including contents related to:
- Basics of data abstraction using the object-oriented framework.
- Formulation of problems using programming languages logic
- Implementation of formal solutions using Java
To be a part of this Basic Java Course, you can enroll here.
3. Introduction to Programming with Java: Writing Good Code
This is an introductory course to learn programming with Java in an easy and interactive way offered by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M). This course consist of 3 modules with the duration of 5 weeks each. Beginners can also join this course but along with basics this course focuses to improve user’s programming skills.
Main concepts you will learn in this course are:
- Detect and correct common programming errors at compile and run time with Debugging Tools
- Unit Testing Processes
- Software Engineering Techniques to model Simple Programs.
- Comparison of two programs for Resource Efficiency
- Ethical Practices for Programming
If you want to learn these skills free, you can enroll for this course here.
4. Mobile Application Experiences Part 1: From a Domain to an App Idea
This course is of Advance level and for mobile application developers who are already in practice but to want to improve their applications for users. Major focus of this course is to learn mobile application development according to Human Computer Interaction (HCI) practices.This course is offered by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with the duration of four weeks.
This course consist of 5 modules having major focus on the following topics:
- HCI research methods such as Contextual Inquiry, Diary Studies, Interviewing, and Field Studies
- Qualitative analysis techniques such as Grounded Theory, Affinity Analysis, and Flow Models
- Understanding of academic research and products in your domain of interest
- How to use data from people as inspiration for new application concepts
5. Mobile Computing with App Inventor – CS Principles
Its another course for learning about Android application development .This course is offered by Trinity College of 6 weeks. Beginners can join the class to learn Mobile Computing with App Inventor.
Main focus of this course is to teach:
- How to design and create Android mobile apps using App Inventor
- How computer science principles apply to algorithms, programming, the Internet and society
- How to think creatively, analytically and abstractly about computational problems
To get updates about this course and get emails from the university about the starting date of this course, you can enroll yourself here.
For more updates subscribe to our “Push Notification” service by clicking on red icon at bottom right to receive instant notifications when we publish new article. If you like this article, please help us by sharing this article on your social media profiles and by spreading good words about Lhe.io. You can also follow us on Twitter, Google+, Linkedin and Facebook.